The report was based on data from a 2019 survey of 100+ agencies that provide paid search services for clients.
Half of the agencies polled said they charge a flat fee/retainer for paid search services; that's unchanged from 2018.
Some 34% said they charge for paid search services based on a percentage of spend, up from 25% in 2018.
Among agencies that charge for paid search services based on a percentage of spend, some 36% charge 10-15% and 33% charge 15-20%.
Nearly two-thirds (65%) of the agencies polled said they charge a setup fee for new clients.
Among agencies that charge a setup fee, some 58% said they charge less than $1,000.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2019 among 100+ agencies that provide paid search services for clients.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model