The report was based on data from a 2019 survey of 100+ agencies that provide paid search services for clients.
Half of the agencies polled said they charge a flat fee/retainer for paid search services; that's unchanged from 2018.
Some 34% said they charge for paid search services based on a percentage of spend, up from 25% in 2018.
Among agencies that charge for paid search services based on a percentage of spend, some 36% charge 10-15% and 33% charge 15-20%.
Nearly two-thirds (65%) of the agencies polled said they charge a setup fee for new clients.
Among agencies that charge a setup fee, some 58% said they charge less than $1,000.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2019 among 100+ agencies that provide paid search services for clients.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead
- A Beginner's Guide to How Google Ads Work
- Global Ad Trends: TV Media Costs Have Jumped 31% Since 2019
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]