The report was based on data from a survey of 1,006 people who use the internet often.
Some 53% of respondents say they hate encountering internet trolls online, 51% say they hate encountering racists, and 42% say they hate encountering multi-level marketers.
Baby boomers are much more likely to cite outspoken liberals as being annoying online compared with millennials and millennials are much more likely to say that anti-vaxxers are annoying online compared with Gen Xers.
Check out the infographic below for more insights from the survey:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,006 people who use the internet frequently.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]