How do people feel about some of the biggest logo changes of last year? Do they like the revamped version or the previous look?
To find out, Visual Objects surveyed 1,000 consumers in the United States on whether they prefer the new or old version of the corporate logos of six brands that conducted redesigns in 2019: Facebook, Yahoo, Slack, Zara, Sears, and Lord & Taylor.
Some 80% of consumers prefer Facebook's old logo, and 20% prefer the new logo. (Note that the old logo, which served as both a corporate logo and the logo of the company's social media platform, is still in use—but only as the logo of the platform, not the company.)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Guide to Business Ethics and Social Responsibility [Infographic]
- Sustainable Branding: Why Leading With Green Misses the Mark, and What to Do Instead
- Six Ways to Strengthen Your Brand Through Product Packaging
- How to Inspire People to Love Your Brand the Way They Love Harry Potter (or Starbucks or Disney or MarketingProfs!): David Meerman Scott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]