The report was based on an analysis of the ages and tenures of c-suite executives at the 1,000 largest companies in the United States by revenue.
The average tenure of a CMO is 3.5 years, compared with 6.9 years for a CEO. Tech CMOs have the shortest average tenure (3 years) among the industries examined.
The average age of a CMO is 54, which ties with CFOs as the youngest among c-suite executives. Consumer goods CMOs have the youngest average age (52) among the industries examined.
Check out the following tables for more insights from the report:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Agile Marketing 201: Creating Persistent Teams
- Myers-Briggs Personality Types in Business: Traits and Ideal Team-ups [Infographic]
- Less Creativity, More Efficiency: How Operating Remotely Affects Marketers' Work
- Four Ways to Align Sales and Marketing in 2020
- Flextime Can Transform Workplace Productivity (Post-Pandemic) [Infographic]