Most Americans say they would rather watch a 30-second advertisement in exchange for free content than share their email address with a company, according to recent research from BuzzStream and Fractl.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 1,001 people in the United States.
Three-quarters of respondents say they'd watch a 30-second ad for free content rather than share their email address. However, 95% of respondents say they'd share their email address rather than their phone number.
Some 52% of respondents say they'd rather receive generic ads from marketers, and 48% say they'd rather receive personalized ads.
Marketing tactics Americans participate in
Most respondents say they have shared something on social media or followed accounts on social media in order to enter a contest.
Most have also given their email in exchange for the results of a quiz and in exchange for content.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among 1,001 people in the United States.
Continue reading "Would People Rather Watch an Ad or Share Their Email Address?" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Five Reasons Marketing Orchestration, Powered by the Right Tech Stack, Is Critical to Your Strategy Execution
- Campaign Expansion in 2021 Requires B2B Marketing Agencies and PR Firms to Keep Pace With New Market Demands
- Best-Practices for Reaching and Marketing to the C-Suite Audience
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021
- What Are You Going to Do About Your Outdated B2B Buyer Personas?