The report was based on data from a survey of more than 130 digital agencies of various sizes from across the globe.
Some 9% of agencies say total revenue dropped by half or more because of COVID-19, a quarter say revenue dropped between 30% and 50%, and 32% say revenue dropped by less than 30%.
COVID-19's Impact on Digital Agencies' Leads
Some 47% of digital agencies say they experienced a decrease in leads because of COVID-19, and 27% say they experienced an increase.
Steps Agencies Took to Deal With the Situation
To deal with the impact of COVID-19 on their businesses, digital agencies explored new channels for new clients (29% say they did so), offered new services to existing clients (29%), prospected in new industries (17%), brought all work in-house (12%), and moved to outsourcing (7%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of more than 130 digital agencies of various sizes from across the globe.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Maximizing Your B2B Marketing Budget: Recession Strategies and Tips | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How Texting Can Deliver Value for Businesses [Infographic]
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks