The report was based on data from 52,000 audits conducted using the Sitechecker tool on more than 6 million webpages. The researchers separated the findings into three severity levels: critical errors (SEO issues that have a high impact on search performance), warnings (medium impact), and notices (low impact).
Some 24% of the website SEO mistakes uncovered were critical, 32% were warnings, and 44% were notices.
The most common critical error on websites is missing metatags (title, H1, or description), the analysis found.
The most common warning error is duplicate H1 tags, and the most common notice error is titles that are too short.
Check out the infographic for more findings from the report:
About the research: The report was based on data from 52,000 audits conducted using the Sitechecker tool on more than 6 million webpages.
Continue reading "The Most Common SEO Mistakes on Websites [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022
- 10 Important Google Search Algorithm Updates From 2021 [Infographic]
- How to Use Google Search Console Insights for Your SEO Strategy
- Marketers' Top SEO Priorities in 2022