B2B buyers say the top challenges they face with their current vendors are slow/inefficient responses to questions, inconsistent pricing, and a lack of transparency into inventory, according to recent research from PROS.
The report was based on data from a survey of 210 professionals who are responsible for B2B purchases at their firms.
Some 35% of B2B buyers say a challenge they face with their current vendors is slow/inefficient responses to inquiries, and 30% cite inconsistent/highly variable pricing and a lack of transparency into inventory as challenges.
Only 18% of respondents say they face no challenges with their current vendors.
B2B buyers say the biggest reason they tend to prefer some vendors over other vendors is competitive pricing (40% say so).
Other top reasons for preferring certain vendors over others include supply availability (39% cite), a better digital purchasing experience (35%), and existing relationships (33%).
Some 70% of B2B buyers say current conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic have changed their vendor preferences.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 210 professionals who are responsible for B2B purchases at their firm.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Management:
- How to Motivate Today's Employees [Infographic]
- How In-House Creative Teams Are Changing
- Three Ways to Set Your Clients Up for Success
- Create a Customer Success Team From Scratch in 10 Steps
- Five Ways Marketing Can Support the Sales Process to Maximize Growth
- You Can't Have Revenue Operations Without Revenue Marketing