B2B buyers say the top challenges they face with their current vendors are slow/inefficient responses to questions, inconsistent pricing, and a lack of transparency into inventory, according to recent research from PROS.
The report was based on data from a survey of 210 professionals who are responsible for B2B purchases at their firms.
Some 35% of B2B buyers say a challenge they face with their current vendors is slow/inefficient responses to inquiries, and 30% cite inconsistent/highly variable pricing and a lack of transparency into inventory as challenges.
Only 18% of respondents say they face no challenges with their current vendors.
B2B buyers say the biggest reason they tend to prefer some vendors over other vendors is competitive pricing (40% say so).
Other top reasons for preferring certain vendors over others include supply availability (39% cite), a better digital purchasing experience (35%), and existing relationships (33%).
Some 70% of B2B buyers say current conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic have changed their vendor preferences.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 210 professionals who are responsible for B2B purchases at their firm.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Management Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Management:
- How to Find and Nurture the Entrepreneurs in Your Company
- Does Marketing or Sales Own Customer Strategy?
- Five Tips for Effective Communication With Distributed Teams
- Taking the Long View: The Hardest But Most Valuable Way to Run an Agency
- What We've Got Here, Marketers, Is a Failure to Communicate (Marketing's Value)
- Data Privacy Dates to Watch for in 2023—And How to Prepare