The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among hundreds of SEO professionals from around the world.
SEO pros use a wide variety of tactics for link building, including content creation and outreach (83% say so), guest posts (75%), broken-link building (48%), and traditional methods such as directories (43%).
If they had to choose only one tactic for link-building, half of SEO pros say they would pick content creation and outreach, and 23% say they would pick guest posts.
The most popular link-building tools/platforms with SEO professionals are Ahrefs (87% have used it in the previous 12 months), SEMRush (76%), and Google Sheets (65%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2020 among hundreds of SEO professionals from around the world.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022