The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands undertaken between June and September 2020. The researchers determined the brand valuation based on three key areas: financial return, the role of the brand in driving purchase decisions, and brand loyalty.
Apple ranks as the world's most valuable brand in 2020; it is followed by Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Samsung.
Coca-Cola ranks as the most valuable non-tech brand (sixth on the list). (Interbrand's full ranking of the 100 most valuable brands is here.)
The global brands with the biggest percentage increases in value in 2020 were Amazon (+60%), Microsoft (+53%), Spotify (+52%), Netflix (+41%), and Adobe (+41%).
About the research: The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands undertaken between June and September 2020.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Brand Extensions: A Strategic Path to Growth
- The Most Valuable Global Brands
- Branding vs. Brand Identity: Five Key Differences and How to Do Both Effectively
- A Branding Geek's Five Brand-Naming Rules You Shouldn't Hesitate to Break
- Four Ways to Improve Brand Loyalty [Infographic]
- The 30 Brands B2B Professionals Trust Most