The report was based on data from a survey of 50+ B2B marketers conducted in July 2020.
Some 36% of respondents say their firm has cut its martech budget because of COVID-19, 28% say their firm has increased its budget, 30% say the budget has not changed, and 6% are not sure.
As for how COVID-driven budget changes have affected their firm's martech spending, 26% of marketers say they have invested in new technologies since the pandemic began, and 24% say they have delayed planned purchases.
Some 44% of marketers say they expect their martech spending to return to normal levels next year, 16% do not expect spend levels to return to normal in 2021, and 40% are unsure.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 50+ B2B marketers conducted in July 2020.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Martech:
- How Salestech Can Embrace Customization at Scale
- Five Powerful Benefits of Chatbots in B2B Marketing
- Customer Data Platform vs. Customer Engagement Platform: Differences and Use-cases
- The Saturated Marketing Tech Landscape: The Case for Consolidation
- Why B2B Salestech and Sales Enablement Tools Don't Meet Expectations
- How AI and the Metaverse Impact the Datasphere [Infographic]