The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2020 among 151 B2B marketers and 151 B2B salespeople.
Nearly half (46%) of B2B marketers surveyed say their sales team doesn't understand what is important to the marketing team, whereas only 31% of B2B salespeople say their marketing team doesn't understand what's important to the sales team.
Some 58% of salespeople strongly agree with the following statement: "Our marketing and sales teams cooperate effectively." Only 43% of marketers agree with that same statement.
Salespeople and marketers at larger firms (101-150 employees) are most likely to say the alignment between their company's sales and marketing teams is very good or excellent.
Salespeople and marketers at midsize firms (51-100 employees) are most likely to say the alignment between their company's sales and marketing teams is only poor, fair, or good.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in December 2020 among 151 B2B marketers and 151 B2B salespeople.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- A 7-Step Inbound Marketing Lead Gen Strategy [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups
- A Powerful Demand Generation Tactic: Lead Magnets and Customer Segmentation, Together
- How to Identify SQLs Based on Sales Intent Behavior: Awareness Stages and Demand Gen
- Using Behavioral Progressive Profiling to Drive Demand Generation
- How to Generate High-Quality Traffic That Turns Into Leads and Sales: Brian Dean on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]