Most marketers plan to increase their ad spend in 2021 on digital channels, such as social media, search, and video, and either maintain or reduce their spend on traditional channels, such as television and cinema, according to recent research from Nielsen.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted between October and December 2020 among 260 marketing professionals from a wide range of industries.
More than half of respondents expect to increase their ad spend on social media, search, online/mobile video, email, and online/mobile display over the next 12 months.
Less than 10% of respondents expect to increase their ad spend on cinema, linear television, out-of -home, and AM/FM radio.
Among marketers who plan to increase their advertising spend in the next 12 months, search and email rank as the channels for which ROI can be most accurately measured.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted between October and December, 2020, among 260 marketing professionals who work in a wide range of industries.
Continue reading "How Advertising Budgets Are Evolving in 2021" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- How to Identify What Advertising Strategy Is Best for Your Business: Rebecca Bugger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising
- Seven Results-Driven Paid Strategies for B2B Marketing
- Global Spend Trends for Out-of-Home and Cinema Advertising
- Six Out-of-Home Advertising Tactics to Reach B2B Audiences