The report was based on data from a survey of 1,241 SEO professionals who worked directly with clients through an agency (875) or as a freelancer (366).
Some 41% of SEO pros say their clients' websites had a slight increase in traffic over the past 12 months, and 23% say the traffic increased a lot.
SEO professionals say the most common monthly SEO budget range for their clients is between $1,000-$5,000.
Some 39% of SEO professionals say their clients' budgets have increased a little over the past 12 months, and 24% say they have stayed the same.
SEO professionals say they spend most of their time on keyword research, optimizing on-page elements, and analytics.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,241 SEO professionals who worked directly with clients through an agency (875) or as a freelancer (366).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Many Words Do People Use When Searching Online?
- Three SEO Trends Marketers Need to Know in 2022