The blogging report, which has been published annually since 2014, was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
The average blog post is now 1,416 words, up from 808 words in 2014.
Some 45% of bloggers say they publish posts weekly or several times a month.
Bloggers say they spend 67% more time writing a post, on average, in 2021 compared with in 2014.
It now takes just over four hours, on average, to write a blog post.
Bloggers say the most important traffic sources to their blog are search engines, social media, and email.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Tips for Optimizing Your Marketing Videos [Infographic]
- Using Video Testimonials as a Tool for B2B Growth: Alexander Ferguson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Creating Deal-Closing Content: The Pivotal Role of Conversation Intelligence
- The Writing GPS: A Writing Framework That Makes Your Writing Ridiculously Good
- 2023 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
- A Masterful B2B Marketing, Unthinkable Storytelling Masterclass: Jay Acunzo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]