The blogging report, which has been published annually since 2014, was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
The average blog post is now 1,416 words, up from 808 words in 2014.
Some 45% of bloggers say they publish posts weekly or several times a month.
Bloggers say they spend 67% more time writing a post, on average, in 2021 compared with in 2014.
It now takes just over four hours, on average, to write a blog post.
Bloggers say the most important traffic sources to their blog are search engines, social media, and email.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
Continue reading "Blogging Benchmarks: Word Count, Frequency, Production, and Traffic Trends" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Content Preferences of B2B Buyers
- A Marketer's Guide to YouTube for Business: Nick Nimmin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Different Business Teams Distribute Video Content
- The Video Content B2B Buyers Find Most Helpful
- How to Turn Live Video Into a Content-Repurposing Machine: Ian Anderson Gray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The User-Generated Content Advertising Ecosystem [Infographic]