The average word count of blog posts has been steadily increasing over the past eight years and is now longer than ever, according to recent research from Orbit Media Studios.
The blogging report, which has been published annually since 2014, was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
The average blog post is now 1,416 words, up from 808 words in 2014.
Some 45% of bloggers say they publish posts weekly or several times a month.
Bloggers say they spend 67% more time writing a post, on average, in 2021 compared with in 2014.
It now takes just over four hours, on average, to write a blog post.
Bloggers say the most important traffic sources to their blog are search engines, social media, and email.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in September 2021 among 1,067 bloggers.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Mechanics of Running a Content-First B2B Marketing Department: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Promotional Should Marketing Content Be?
- Publication vs. Library: The Two Kinds of Content Strategies [Infographic]
- What Senior Tech Leaders Look for in B2B Content
- Five of the Most Common Content Marketing Mistakes—And What to Do Instead
- Seven Infographic Design Trends for 2023 [Infographic]