The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands. The researchers determined the brand value based on three areas: financial performance, the role of the brand in driving purchase decisions, and the brand's competitive strength (see the full methodology here).
The five most valuable brands in 2021 are all technology companies: Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Samsung.
Coca-Cola ranks as the most valuable non-tech global brand (sixth on the list); it is followed by automakers Toyota and Mercedes-Benz.
Apple saw the biggest increase in brand value in 2021 in dollar terms. However, Tesla saw the greatest relative increase, with its brand value jumping by 184% in 2021 compared with 2020.
About the research: The annual report was based on an in-depth analysis of major global brands. The researchers determined the brand valuation based on three key areas: financial performance, the role of the brand in driving purchase decisions, and the brand's competitive strength.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Branding:
- Research: Now Is the Time for Brand Marketing (And Why Data Matters for Brand Marketers)
- Developing an Indispensable Brand-Inspired Growth Strategy | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Brand + Demand: Taking B2B Marketing From Cost Center to Value Center
- The Boomerang Brand: Five Ways to Avoid It and One Time to Embrace It
- The 100 Most Valuable Global Brands [Infographic]
- The 12 Breakthrough Brands of 2023 [Infographic]