The report was based on advertising spend forecasts for 100 markets worldwide for eight media channels: linear TV, online video, social media, print press, online press, podcasts, broadcast radio, and online audio. It was also based on the results of a survey conducted by GWI among more than 715,000 consumers worldwide.
Social media is expected to receive 39% of 2022 total ad spend among the channels examined but will only have a 21% share of total daily media consumption, according to the forecast. Similarly, linear TV is expected to receive 32% of ad spend but will only have a 16% share of daily media consumption.
Conversely, podcasts and online audio are expected to receive significantly less ad spend relative to daily consumption.
About the research: The report was based on advertising spend forecasts for 100 markets worldwide as well as the results of a survey conducted by GWI among more than 715,000 consumers worldwide.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Tech Marketers' Budget Expectations for 2024
- How to Scale Your Paid Search Ads: The Dual-Axis Framework
- The Paid Channels Marketers Plan to Increase Spend On in 2024
- LinkedIn Advertising Benchmarks: Maximizing Your Campaign's Potential
- How B2B Marketers Can Tap Into Out-of-Home Transit Advertising