People who listen to podcasts daily say over the past two years they have been listening to podcasts more frequently and have also been listening to more titles, according to recent research from Nielsen.
The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
Some 56% of daily podcast listeners say they have been listening to podcasts more frequently in the past two years, and 52% say the number of podcasts they listen to has increased.
Just over half (51%) of daily podcast listeners say they started listening in the past two years.
According to Gracenote Audio On-Demand data, as cited by Nielsen, audiences now have more than 2 million podcast series and nearly 92 million episodes to choose from, up 163% and 173%, respectively, in just two years.
Most podcast listeners say they have resumed pre-COVID activities such as shopping for groceries in store, driving, and getting together with friends and family.
About the research: The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Content Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- Turn Live Video Into a Content-Repurposing Machine | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers
- Why Now Is the Time to Add Video to Your Marketing Budget