People who listen to podcasts daily say over the past two years they have been listening to podcasts more frequently and have also been listening to more titles, according to recent research from Nielsen.
The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
Some 56% of daily podcast listeners say they have been listening to podcasts more frequently in the past two years, and 52% say the number of podcasts they listen to has increased.
Just over half (51%) of daily podcast listeners say they started listening in the past two years.
According to Gracenote Audio On-Demand data, as cited by Nielsen, audiences now have more than 2 million podcast series and nearly 92 million episodes to choose from, up 163% and 173%, respectively, in just two years.
Most podcast listeners say they have resumed pre-COVID activities such as shopping for groceries in store, driving, and getting together with friends and family.
About the research: The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Content Roadblock: How Inefficient Workflows Affect Creative Teams
- The Four Pillars of a Great Blog [Infographic]
- DIY vs. Professional Video Production: A Brief Guide