People who listen to podcasts daily say over the past two years they have been listening to podcasts more frequently and have also been listening to more titles, according to recent research from Nielsen.
The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
Some 56% of daily podcast listeners say they have been listening to podcasts more frequently in the past two years, and 52% say the number of podcasts they listen to has increased.
Just over half (51%) of daily podcast listeners say they started listening in the past two years.
According to Gracenote Audio On-Demand data, as cited by Nielsen, audiences now have more than 2 million podcast series and nearly 92 million episodes to choose from, up 163% and 173%, respectively, in just two years.
Most podcast listeners say they have resumed pre-COVID activities such as shopping for groceries in store, driving, and getting together with friends and family.
About the research: The Podcasting Today: Insights for Advertisers report was based on a combination of Nielsen data and third-party data.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Cost of Poor Business Writing
- 12 Reasons User-Generated Content Is Important for Brands [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Branded Podcast (And How to Create and Brand Yours)
- Five Trends Fueling the Rise of Visual, Data-Driven Storytelling [Infographic]
- Seven Tips for Writing Content Effectively [Infographic]