The bi-monthly Global Ad Trends report was based on WARC's global advertising and media dataset.
The jump in TV media pricing has been especially pronounced in the US, where average TV CPMs are forecast to reach $73 in 2022, an increase of 40% from pre-COVID costs.
If advertisers were to have maintained the same level of TV investment as in 2019, they would have seen the volume of impressions drop 18 percentage points by 2021 because of rising costs.
The cost of not all media channels have jumped. For example, the average CPM for radio has remained largely unchanged in the US since 2019.
About the research: The bi-monthly Global Ad Trends report was based on WARC's global advertising and media dataset.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- LinkedIn Ads Myths, Hurdles, and Strategies B2B Marketers Need to Know: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The PPC Power Players: Ad Platforms Making a Big Impact in 2023
- The Top 50 Podcasts in the United States [Infographic]
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Identifying the Best Advertising Strategy for Your Business | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- YouTube's Rebound: Ad Revenue Forecasts for 2023-24