Bloggers say it takes more than four hours, on average, to write a blog post, according to recent research from Orbit Media.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Respondents say it takes them four hours and ten minutes to write a typical blog post, up 74% from when a similar survey was conducted in 2014.
Bloggers who say they spend six hours or more on a typical post are 50% more likely to report above-average results.
The average length of a blog post is 1,376 words in 2022, up from 808 words in 2014.
The average word count of a blog post is boosted by a small number of bloggers who go big: 12% of respondents say their typical blog post is over 2,000 words.
Some 65% of bloggers say their typical post is between 500 and 1,500 words.
B2B bloggers typically write longer posts and spend more time writing posts compared with B2C bloggers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- What Senior Tech Leaders Look for in B2B Content
- Publication vs. Library: The Two Kinds of Content Strategies [Infographic]
- Five of the Most Common Content Marketing Mistakes—And What to Do Instead
- Seven Infographic Design Trends for 2023 [Infographic]
- Developing a Content and Social Media Strategy to Foster Thought Leadership and Business Growth: Ashley Faus on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Slows the Creative Process Down