The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Respondents say it takes them four hours and ten minutes to write a typical blog post, up 74% from when a similar survey was conducted in 2014.
Bloggers who say they spend six hours or more on a typical post are 50% more likely to report above-average results.
The average length of a blog post is 1,376 words in 2022, up from 808 words in 2014.
The average word count of a blog post is boosted by a small number of bloggers who go big: 12% of respondents say their typical blog post is over 2,000 words.
Some 65% of bloggers say their typical post is between 500 and 1,500 words.
B2B bloggers typically write longer posts and spend more time writing posts compared with B2C bloggers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Tips for Optimizing Your Marketing Videos [Infographic]
- Using Video Testimonials as a Tool for B2B Growth: Alexander Ferguson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Creating Deal-Closing Content: The Pivotal Role of Conversation Intelligence
- The Writing GPS: A Writing Framework That Makes Your Writing Ridiculously Good
- 2023 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
- A Masterful B2B Marketing, Unthinkable Storytelling Masterclass: Jay Acunzo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]