The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Respondents say it takes them four hours and ten minutes to write a typical blog post, up 74% from when a similar survey was conducted in 2014.
Bloggers who say they spend six hours or more on a typical post are 50% more likely to report above-average results.
The average length of a blog post is 1,376 words in 2022, up from 808 words in 2014.
The average word count of a blog post is boosted by a small number of bloggers who go big: 12% of respondents say their typical blog post is over 2,000 words.
Some 65% of bloggers say their typical post is between 500 and 1,500 words.
B2B bloggers typically write longer posts and spend more time writing posts compared with B2C bloggers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- A Masterclass in B2B Storytelling | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Marketers and Creating Content That Sells | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show