The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
Respondents say it takes them four hours and ten minutes to write a typical blog post, up 74% from when a similar survey was conducted in 2014.
Bloggers who say they spend six hours or more on a typical post are 50% more likely to report above-average results.
The average length of a blog post is 1,376 words in 2022, up from 808 words in 2014.
The average word count of a blog post is boosted by a small number of bloggers who go big: 12% of respondents say their typical blog post is over 2,000 words.
Some 65% of bloggers say their typical post is between 500 and 1,500 words.
B2B bloggers typically write longer posts and spend more time writing posts compared with B2C bloggers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in August and September, 2022, among 1,016 bloggers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- Eight Graphic Design Trends That Will Dominate 2023 [Infographic]
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]