The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May, 2022, among 3,402 respondents (3,002 consumers and 400 business leaders) from around the world.
Almost two-thirds (65%) of consumers worry their personal data is being collected by brands without their permission.
Only 40% of consumers say they trust brands to keep their personal data secure and use it responsibly.
Some 60% of consumers say trustworthiness and transparency are the most important traits of a brand, up five percentage points from a similar survey conducted in 2021.
Some 63% of consumers say they are fine with personalization as long as businesses are using their own data and not purchased data.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in April and May, 2022, among 3,402 respondents (3,002 consumers and 400 business leaders) from around the world.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Stop Trying to Measure Everything, Use an Outcome-Focused Lens Instead
- Strategic Alliances: Benefits and Risks
- Empathy in Marketing: A B2B Gamechanger
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices