The podcast audience in the United States has more than tripled in size over the past decade, according to recent research from Edison Research.
The report was based on data from a survey conducted in January 2023 among 1,500 people age 12 and older in the US.
Some 42% of Americans age 12 and older say they have listened to a podcast in the past month, up from 12% who said the same in 2013.
Podcasts are especially popular with younger Americans: Some 48% of monthly podcast listeners are between the ages of 12 and 34 (this cohort makes up 36% of the US population age 12+).
Some 46% of monthly podcast listeners are women, up from 39% in 2013.
Some 52% of monthly podcast listeners age 18+ have an annual household income of $75,000 or more (this cohort makes up 43% of the US population age 18+).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in January 2023 among 1,500 people age 12 and older in the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Content Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- Turn Live Video Into a Content-Repurposing Machine | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Better Writing Will Not Fix Your Content. Here's What Will.
- How to Survive the Cookieless Future: Refocus on Your Owned Media Strategy
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content: Liz Murphy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Training the Next Generation of Content Marketers
- Why Now Is the Time to Add Video to Your Marketing Budget