Why do salespeople reject leads that come from their firm's marketing team? Why do marketers think leads are rejected?
Salespeople say they are most likely to reject leads if they don't fit the target account criteria (industry, company size, revenue), don't fit the target individual criteria (role, seniority), or don't fill out a content form.
Marketers accurately predict that salespeople are most likely to reject leads if they don't fit the target account criteria (industry, company size, revenue) or target individual criteria (role, seniority). However, marketers underestimate the importance of form fills.
If a lead comes from a "high-fit" account, salespeople say the signals they are most likely to accept from Marketing are site visit and content form fill.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 527 salespeople and 323 marketers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Martech 2024: Three Trend Predictions
- Fundamental Change Is Coming to B2B Marketing in 2024
- Knuckle Down in 2024: Three Predictions for Tough B2B Marketers
- Do More With Less: Six Smart Ways to Balance Brand & Demand to Drive Growth in Tough Times
- What to Keep In-House and When to Use an Agency: A Four-Part Decision Framework
- B2B Marketing Budget and Spend Trends for 2024