Which days and times tend to deliver the highest engagement on social media posts from businesses?
The researchers found that social media content posted from businesses on weekdays—specifically Tuesday and Wednesday—tends to garner the highest engagement, on average. Content posted on Sunday tends to garner the lowest engagement, on average.
The time period that tends to deliver the highest engagement, on average, across social networks is between mid-morning and early afternoon (all times cited in the analysis apply globally).
The days and times that tend to deliver the highest engagement, on average, on Facebook posts from businesses are Mondays through Thursdays from 8 a.m. until around 1 p.m.
Engagement on LinkedIn posts on company pages tends to be highest mid-week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) from mid-morning through early afternoon.
Engagement on tweets from brands on Twitter tends to be highest Tuesdays through Fridays, from 9 a.m. and until around noon.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of data from more than 34,000 Sprout Social customers across various plan types, industries, and locations globally.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media Marketing:
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful
- The History of Reddit: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Get Started With YouTube Influencer Marketing [Infographic]