The report was based on data from a survey of 100 B2B marketers from North America.
Some 97% of respondents say they are familiar with the term "revenue marketing." B2B marketers define revenue marketing as revenue generation through data-driven marketing, the alignment of Marketing with revenue goals, the integration of Sales and Marketing, and a focus on revenue as the ultimate goal.
Respondents say the marketing responsibilities that fall under revenue marketing include demand generation, customer expansion, and analytics.
Some 47% of B2B marketers rate their firm's revenue marketing maturity as "moderately mature."
B2B marketers say the top obstacle to revenue marketing success is misalignment between Marketing and Sales.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 B2B marketers from North America.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges