The report was based on an analysis conducted in August 2023 of available data from AI platforms.
The researchers estimate that some 12.6 billion images have been generated from AI models based on Stable Diffusion, 1 billion from Adobe Firefly, 964 million from Midjourney, and 916 million from DALL-E 2.
The researchers estimate it took 149 years for traditional photography to reach 15 billion images, compared with just 1.5 years for generative AI.
The researchers estimate that there are already nearly four times as many AI-generated images online as there are images in the Shutterstock library.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis conducted in August 2023 of available data from AI platforms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Artificial Intelligence:
- ChatGPT: Marketing Dream or Marketing Disaster | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The AI Conundrum: Should B2B Communicators Embrace ChatGPT?
- Why Some Companies Are Not Increasing Spend on Generative AI
- Revolutionizing B2B Brand Monitoring With AI-Powered Insights: Meghan Bazaman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Attitudes Toward AI Vary Among Countries and Demographics
- Marketers' Biggest Concerns About AI