What share of viewers watch online videos from businesses all the way to the end? How is the retention rate affected by video length?
The researchers found that 53% of viewers complete online videos from businesses.
The average retention rate is significantly affected by video length, with a much higher share of viewers watching shorter videos all the way to the end. The researchers found:
- 66% of viewers will finish a video that’s under one minute long
- 56% of viewers will finish a video that’s one to two minutes long
- 50% of viewers will finish a video that’s two to 10 minutes long
- 39% of viewers will finish a video that’s 10 to 20 minutes long
- 22% of viewers will finish a video that’s over 20 minutes long
For the videos analyzed by the researchers, 34% were less than a minute long, 25% were between one and two minutes, 20% were between two and four minutes, 10% were between four and 10 minutes, 3% were between 10 and 20 minutes, and 8% were longer than 20 minutes.
Among the videos analyzed, the most common types created by business were product demos and explainers.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of 2022 data for more than 1,778,000 videos created by Vidyard customers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Content:
- B2B Content Promotion in 2023: Channel and Format Trends
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Stop the Churn: Why Less Is More in B2B Content Marketing
- The Importance of Being Human in Your B2B Content | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Four Key Benefits of Using a CRM for Content Marketing [Infographic]