Senior B2B marketing executives say they and their teams have increasingly been asked to take responsibility for business results and prove ROI over the past few years, according to recent research from EssenceMediacom.
The report was based on data from a global survey conducted in August 2023 among 188 marketing leaders at Fortune 500 B2B firms.
Respondents say the top core responsibilities that have increased in importance over the past few years for B2B marketing teams are taking responsibility for business results (57% cite) and customer acquisition (51%).
B2B marketing leaders say the specific responsibilities that have increased most in importance over the past few years are analytics and performance measurement (57% cite), content development and distribution (45% cite), and lead generation (40%).
Respondents say the biggest macro shifts in B2B marketing are the increasing importance of customer-centricity and the changing buyer profile.
About the research: The report was based on data from a global survey conducted in August 2023 among 188 marketing leaders at Fortune 500 B2B firms.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show