What is the average salary of a digital marketer in the United States? How do average salaries differ by work location, job role, and gender?
Respondents in the US have an average overall compensation of $86,900. The global average is $53,600.
Digital marketers with more than 10 years of experience are much more likely to make $101,000 or more in annual salary compared with marketers with less experience.
Some 55% of digital marketers in the US say they work remotely. Remote workers now fall across the full spectrum of salary ranges.
The highest-compensated digital marketing positions in the US are management and growth-oriented roles. The lowest-compensated positions are copywriting and social media roles.
Men tend to be paid more than women across every digital marketing seniority level, but the gap is narrowest for entry-level positions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 3,842 digital marketing professionals worldwide.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Development:
- Top 10 Phrases Americans Most Regret Using at Work and in Personal Relationships
- How to Be a Gritty Marketer: Leverage Failure in the Search for Mastery
- Which Hogwarts House Do Marketers Belong To? [Infographic]
- Why B2B Marketers and Executives Need Personal Branding | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- 2024 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- Are MBAs Prepared for Emerging Technologies? [Infographic]