Recently, the online world celebrated Social Media Week for the fifth year in a row. From February 18, 2013, to February 21, 2013, more than 104,817 tweets rocked the Internet with mentions of social media week.
To see how the week's theme of global unity played out, Synthesio tracked SMW-related Twitter activity then created the following infographic to share its findings.
Among those findings are the top countries tweeting SMW. The United States topped the list, accounting for 34% of tweets, followed distantly by Italy at 17%. Other countries participating in SMW-related tweets were France (9%), Nigeria (9%), Germany (6%), and Indonesia (5%).
Interestingly, the top two SMW global Twitter influences came from Japan: @asahicom (819 tweets) and @resigner (671) tweets. In third place, @telecomitaliaTW had 429 SMW-related tweets.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019