Recently, the online world celebrated Social Media Week for the fifth year in a row. From February 18, 2013, to February 21, 2013, more than 104,817 tweets rocked the Internet with mentions of social media week.
To see how the week's theme of global unity played out, Synthesio tracked SMW-related Twitter activity then created the following infographic to share its findings.
Among those findings are the top countries tweeting SMW. The United States topped the list, accounting for 34% of tweets, followed distantly by Italy at 17%. Other countries participating in SMW-related tweets were France (9%), Nigeria (9%), Germany (6%), and Indonesia (5%).
Interestingly, the top two SMW global Twitter influences came from Japan: @asahicom (819 tweets) and @resigner (671) tweets. In third place, @telecomitaliaTW had 429 SMW-related tweets.
That was a global look at Twitter influencers... but who shared the most about SMW in their countries?
In the US, @JPLR tops the list of Twitter influencers regarding SMW by tweeting 315 mentions. Second place with 283 tweets was @Aoideal.
To find more about which influencers and countries took Social Media Week to heart, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tips That Actually Work [Infographic]
- Why and How Businesses Engage in Social Media Listening
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media in 2022 [Infographic]
- Gen Z Trends on YouTube: Three New Types of Creativity [Infographic]
- The Social Media Platforms Used Most by Journalists
- Ad Creative Best-Practices for Reddit [Infographic]