Who uses Instagram: men or women? And what top brands do they prefer to follow on the visual social platform?
The answers vary by country.
Instagram is heavily favored by women in Thailand (65%), the Philippines (64%), and Vietnam (62%), according to a recent infographic by TOTEMS (formerly known as Nitrogram).
By comparison, Instagram users are predominantly men in Saudi Arabia (85%), Iran (82%), and India (75%).
Regarding top brands, more women than men follow them (53% vs. 47%). The top brands with the "manliest" audience are energy drinks and sports brands, and the top brands with the "most girly" audience are cosmetics and fashion.
To find out more about gender on Instagram, check out the infographic:
Continue reading "Men vs. Women on Instagram [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach