Who uses Instagram: men or women? And what top brands do they prefer to follow on the visual social platform?
The answers vary by country.
Instagram is heavily favored by women in Thailand (65%), the Philippines (64%), and Vietnam (62%), according to a recent infographic by TOTEMS (formerly known as Nitrogram).
By comparison, Instagram users are predominantly men in Saudi Arabia (85%), Iran (82%), and India (75%).
Regarding top brands, more women than men follow them (53% vs. 47%). The top brands with the "manliest" audience are energy drinks and sports brands, and the top brands with the "most girly" audience are cosmetics and fashion.
To find out more about gender on Instagram, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]