This week: Facebook aims to optimize for video, and updates its algorithm to do it; LinkedIn opens up about how it markets itself on the platform; Snapchat files for IPO despite apparent Instagram threat; Facebook video might come to a TV screen near you; Twitter to roll out anti-abuse tools; Slack's new product launch; and much more...
Skim to stay in the know!
1. Facebook's latest algorithm change, and what it means for you
New changes in Facebook's algorithm make video an even higher priority for the social network, and emphasize timely and accurate updates. The first change, rolled out last week, encourages brands and users to create more compelling video content by including the "percentage completed" (or viewed by users) as a factor in ranking those videos.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations