This week: Facebook aims to optimize for video, and updates its algorithm to do it; LinkedIn opens up about how it markets itself on the platform; Snapchat files for IPO despite apparent Instagram threat; Facebook video might come to a TV screen near you; Twitter to roll out anti-abuse tools; Slack's new product launch; and much more...
Skim to stay in the know!
1. Facebook's latest algorithm change, and what it means for you
New changes in Facebook's algorithm make video an even higher priority for the social network, and emphasize timely and accurate updates. The first change, rolled out last week, encourages brands and users to create more compelling video content by including the "percentage completed" (or viewed by users) as a factor in ranking those videos.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]