This week: Facebook aims to optimize for video, and updates its algorithm to do it; LinkedIn opens up about how it markets itself on the platform; Snapchat files for IPO despite apparent Instagram threat; Facebook video might come to a TV screen near you; Twitter to roll out anti-abuse tools; Slack's new product launch; and much more...
Skim to stay in the know!
1. Facebook's latest algorithm change, and what it means for you
New changes in Facebook's algorithm make video an even higher priority for the social network, and emphasize timely and accurate updates. The first change, rolled out last week, encourages brands and users to create more compelling video content by including the "percentage completed" (or viewed by users) as a factor in ranking those videos.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement