User intention will be a key focus, the agency predicts, meaning that the context—and not just the keywords—of the user's search will gain importance.
The infographic also predicts that brands will revisit the use of HTTPS in their URLs, as that extra S can hide valuable referral data.
To see all seven predictions for this year, check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]
- Five Ways to Get Keyword Ideas for Your Website: A Beginner's Guide
- A Marketer's Guide to SEO in 2022: Franco Valentino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]