This week's 'Skim is filled to the brim: The impending demise of apps and why your company needs to start thinking different; Twitter's brand-new, personable customer service feature; Instagram's big change that just made it easier to tell your brand story; how Facebook just turned WhatsApp into Snapchat; how to get more leads on Instagram; how to get your business verified on Facebook; 10 social media mistakes killing your company; and much more...
Skim to make sense of it all!
1. Fire up your chatbots, because messaging is eating away at apps
Where will Facebook's WhatsApp go in the future? All we have to do is look to China to know, suggests a new report from Gartner. Use of standalone video, map, and social media apps has decreased from last year, but messaging app use has increased, and the report suggests that trend will continue as users shy away from downloading new apps and instead stick to what they know.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations