Some of the highlights for various social networks:
• January 2016: Snapchat rolled out its on-demand Geofilter.
• May 2016: Facebook extended dynamic ads to Instagram and shut down FBX, and Twitter changed the way it counts 140 characters for tweets.
• September 2016: Snapchat became Snap Inc. and announced its first physical product: Spectacles.
• February 2017: LinkedIn announced new engagement insights to boost marketing performance.
To see the entire year in review, check out the full infographic by tapping or clicking on the image:
Continue reading "Social Media News and Milestones: 2016-2017 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of Talking About Sustainability on LinkedIn [Infographic]
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Creative Best-Practices for TikTok [Infographic]