Google keeps search marketers on their toes with frequent updates to its search algorithms.
The latest major update, dubbed "Fred," affected some sites more than others. In this infographic, digital marketing agency 180fusion decodes what that means for marketers.
For starters, the infographic explains that the update "mostly targets sites with ad-focused content that prioritize revenue above helping the users." So, sites that use multiple affiliate links, for example, likely registered a downturn in traffic after the update went into effect.
It also means that sites that offer valuable content with unobtrusive ads may have had an increase in site traffic, the infographic says.
For more details on Fred and who was affected, check out the full infographic. Tap or click to see a larger version.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework
- How Search Changed Last Year [Infographic]
- How Author Authority Affects Search Rankings
- SEO, Backlinks, and BEO: Three Pillars for Stronger PR and Brand Awareness
- How AI Will Affect Delivering Relevant Search Results
- Five Tips to Improve SEO Using Stock Images and Videos