For starters, the infographic explains that the update "mostly targets sites with ad-focused content that prioritize revenue above helping the users." So, sites that use multiple affiliate links, for example, likely registered a downturn in traffic after the update went into effect.
It also means that sites that offer valuable content with unobtrusive ads may have had an increase in site traffic, the infographic says.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try