In this week's 'Skim: Apple takes on Facebook's Messenger bots with its new Business Chat feature for iPhone users; the latest on Twitter's big redesign; all about why Yahoo's Tumblr takeover failed to realize its grand social media plans; Facebook plans paid news subscriptions for users, tests cover videos for profiles; Instagram officially launches its archive feature, creates new labels for sponsored content for brands and influencers; all about Snapchat's new self-serve ad platform; and much more...
Skim for this week's social media-savvy breakdown!
1. Apple's new iOS will let users talk with businesses
Any iPhone users with Apple's new iOS 11 software update will be able to start chats with businesses they discover via Siri, Maps, Safari, and Spotlight search—a direct shot at messaging apps like Facebook's Messenger that encourage users to chat with bots.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns