In this week's 'Skim: Snapchat courts college audiences with new Publisher Stories; Facebook tests a platonic Tinder-like feature to get friends to meet up in real life, plans to spend $1B on original programming for "Watch"; Twitter's account-sharing feature that'll please your social media team; all about LinkedIn ProFinder; Facebook's ad format for print catalog publishers; how to get social engagement when your brand is boring; Apple partners with Snap for augmented reality; and much more...
Skim to see how social's shifted this week!
1. Snapchat brings college newspapers on board Publisher Stories
Struggling university newspapers have a new source of revenue on the horizon. That's right, Snapchat is courting college publications to create weekly Snapchat versions of their publications, taking advantage of the fact that the proportion of young people accessing news on the social network increased from 17% to 29% in just the past year.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement