Don't blink—you might miss the next social media trend.
So what's more than a passing fad? What's here to stay, and what should you pay attention to?
• Video, in general, and more specifically, livestreaming: Facebook Live videos are watched three times longer than regular videos, the graphic says.
• Augmented reality and AI: The graphic predicts that 30% of our chat conversation will be with chatbots next year.
• Increased brand participation in "dark social": Brands are figuring out how to use messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, and WeChat—collectively referred to as "dark social" (i.e., not publicly visible), but a bright idea nonetheless.
For all nine predictions about social media trends, see the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The 50 Highest-Earning Social Media Creators [Infographic]
- How to Harness the Power of ChatGPT to Scale Your Social Media Marketing
- Six Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2024 [Infographic]
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar in Three Steps
- The Importance of 'Dark' Social Media for Marketers
- Anger and Animals: What Makes TikTok Thumbnails Successful