Questions abound about social media posts: How long should my post be? How many hashtags should I include? Is an image always necessary?
The team at the marketing calendar software company compiled that information and sorted it to answer these four questions for six social media platforms:
- Which type of message (text, text-plus-link, or image) is most effective?
- How many characters per post garner the most engagement?
- How many hashtags are most effective?
- Are emojis useful, and, if so, how many should be included?
For example, Facebook posts that are text with a link are the most effective type of Facebook post, with images coming in second, and simple text posts coming in third, according to the data in the infographic. That's not to say text-only posts are ineffective, just that the other types are more effective, on average.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends
- TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]
- Less Facebook, More Snapchat: How Social Media Habits Vary Among Generations