This week's 'Skim: why Snapchat's new algorithm is unique and what it means for users; Facebook preps Messenger Broadcast for business communication; Twitter tests a bookmarking feature; YouTube gets more social with its own version of Snapchat Stories, also faces advertiser exodus because of children's-content complaints; Tumblr's CEO is stepping aside after 10 years on job; the top 9 social media trends to watch for in 2018; how Facebook's using AI to prevent suicides; and more…
Skim to keep your social media strategy in tip-top shape!
1. Snapchat has a new take on the algorithm, rolls out personalized experience for users
Instead of pushing content that's popular among the entirety of the platform's users, similar to what Facebook does, or in reverse chronological order, like Snapchat used to, Snap Inc.'s new algorithmic redesign will adjust based on the individual user. That's right, the app will mold the content it presents based on what a user tunes in for most.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels