This week's 'Skim: Snapchat will bring live video to its app for the first time (but you shouldn't get excited); Facebook to ease access to Facebook Watch; Snapchat launches e-commerce store so you can buy dancing hot dog plushies, records record growth that sends stock price skyrocketing; all about the brand winners and losers of Super Bowl LII; how brands can take advantage of Instagram's new carousel ad unit for Stories; Facebook patents technology to determine socioeconomic status of users; and much more...
Skim to stay in step!
1. Snapchat announces live video integration, but you won't be able to use it
Snapchat's going to insert livestreamed video—snippets of NBC's Winter Olympics coverage—into its app this week, but that doesn't mean live video capabilities are coming to normal users, or even brands. It's the first time ever the social network will incorporate live video streams into its offering,
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns