When shoppers want immediate communication with a company, they often (still!) pick up the phone and call. That's especially simple to do now as online and mobile click-to-call features become more popular.
However, nearly one in five calls driven by paid search ads goes unanswered, according to a recent study of nearly 400,000 inbound phone calls by call-tracking and analytics company DialogTech. And more than half (57%) of those voice messages indicated a high-purchase-intent consumer!
That means marketers are wasting money encouraging calls that are never answered, and it also means that valuable customers are having a negative brand experience.
DialogTech put together an infographic based on the results of its study, suggesting ways marketers can solve the voicemail problem, including the following:
- Don't run call-only ads when the business isn't open or staffed to answer calls.
- Understand how paid search drives qualified callers to each location.
- Optimize spend for the ads and keywords that drive the most good calls at the lowest costs.
- Route each caller to the best agent or location right away to convert them to customers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Role of Customer Empathy in the Future of Marketing
- How to Offer More Value to Your Crisis-Stricken Customers [Infographic]
- CX Will Be Essential for Rebuilding After COVID-19: Four Steps You Need to Take Now
- Planning Your COVID-Related Communications: A Flowchart [Infographic]
- Three Tips to Turn Initial Conversations Into Marketing and Sales Relationships