Last week we explored many aspects of search. Today, we'll focus on one aspect that's moving from trendy to norm: voice search.
Half of all searches are expected to happen orally by 2020, and 30% of searches will be done without using a screen, according to analysis cited in an infographic by marketing technology consultants Grazitti Interactive.
With increasing use of assistants such as Apple’s Siri, Google’s OK Google, Microsoft’s Cortana, Samsung's Bixby, and Amazon’s Alexa/Echo, many consumers have access to these types of devices—and more people are starting to use them as they discover the convenience of voice search.
But how does voice search affect SEO and SERPs?
The infographic illustrates the major factors that have a direct impact on SEO, and it can help you optimize for voice search. Take a look:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]