How do Google's search engine results pages (SERPs) change when queries happen on mobile devices versus desktop computers?
Semrush analyzed the mobile and desktop results for the top 50,000 keywords by search volume in its US database.
The researchers found a number of key differences. For example, organic video and image results are more likely to appear on mobile SERPs, whereas Featured Snippets and paid Google Ads are more likely to appear on desktop SERPs.
An infographic (below) lists the differences and similarities between mobile and desktop SERPs.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search:
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]
- Five B2B Brands That Prove Voice Search Is More Than Hype
- Google's 'Helpful Content Update': Five SEO Mistakes to Avoid
- A Complete Guide to Anchor Text Optimization in Four Steps
- An 11-Step Plan for Improving Your SEO Strategy [Infographic]