With so many key performance indicators (KPIs) to choose among, which ones should marketers be focused on?
An infographic (below) from Hurree explores some of the major KPIs that you should be tracking.
Specifically, it looks at six KPIs that provide valuable and actionable insights: customer acquisition cost, customer retention rate, MQL to SQL conversion rate, return on investment, website traffic, and customer lifetime value.
The piece explores what each KPI shows, how it is calculated, and why it matters for marketers.
Check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Measurement & Analytics Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Measurement & Analytics:
- How to Design a Customer Health Score: Seven Focus Areas
- The Five Key Metrics Every CMO Should Be Tracking [Infographic]
- Why Event Organizers Are Ditching Vanity Metrics—And Choosing These Metrics Instead
- Top 5 Marketing Agency Metrics to Measure
- Stepping Out of the Dark Funnel: How to Shed Light on What Is Not Registered by Your Pixels (Article 2 of 2)
- Four Common Content Reporting Challenges and How to Fix Them