With so many key performance indicators (KPIs) to choose among, which ones should marketers be focused on?
An infographic (below) from Hurree explores some of the major KPIs that you should be tracking.
Specifically, it looks at six KPIs that provide valuable and actionable insights: customer acquisition cost, customer retention rate, MQL to SQL conversion rate, return on investment, website traffic, and customer lifetime value.
The piece explores what each KPI shows, how it is calculated, and why it matters for marketers.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & Measurement:
- Google Analytics 4 Is Almost Here—It's Time to Test and Prepare
- Measuring the Immeasurable: Customer Loyalty Metrics
- B2B E-Commerce: Six Common Return-on-Ad-Spend Measurement Mistakes
- Why Your Customer Experience Metrics Are Lying to You
- The History and Future of Web Analytics [Infographic]
- Why Google Analytics 4 Requires Your Immediate Attention: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts