Limited Time Offer: Save 40% on PRO with code GOPRO2018 »
Become a Member
Guides and Reports
Show All »
Metrics & ROI
Search Engine Marketing
More Marketing Topics »
Corporate Training Solutions
See All »
Schedule of Events
Virtual Conference Series
Speak for Us
Products and Services
Post a Question
Quick Start Guide
Find and Post Jobs
Real-World Education for Modern Marketers
Join Over 600,000 Marketing Professionals
Ask your question ... sign up today! It's FREE!
Just for Fun
Topic: Student Questions
Search more Know-How Exchange Q&A from Marketing Experts
This question has been answered, and points have been awarded.
Explain The Importance Of Marketing Research
Posted by Anonymous on
7/9/2004 at 5:21 AM ET
explain the importance of marketing research and it's challenges in application
7/9/2004 at 5:36 AM
The importance of research is to find insights to problems and issues that can lead to action. Don't boil the ocean looking at everything, if you frame your problems and break them down this will make setting a market research strategy easier. Anyone should be able to look at your final research document and be able to understand it if it is completed in and organised and simple way.
That's the secret to fantastic research that give insights to action.
Checklist of an approach that has been successful:
1) Define your audience and their aims and goals for research
2) Agree on all outcomes from the start and agree on presentation and which formats your client(s) are expecting.
3) Define parameters of research
4) Start with research already completed, if previously conducted and is relevant.
5) Frame your problems, issues and sub-issues
6) Agree again with your clients 5
7) Establish initial hypothesis and use them to determine your MR strategy.
8) Make work plan
9) Gather data - secondary, field, primary, etc
10) Analyse your data
11) Interpret your data
12) Get client feedback of possible solutions and directions - to get buy-in from client
13) Finalise your findings and insights
14) Present in a organized and simple manner - start with your solution(s) first with supporting data therefater.
BACK TO TOP
Post a Comment
Four Agile Practices for More Efficient Content Production
by Andrea Fryrear
The Four Most Compelling Design Trends for 2018
by Pamela Webber
What's Coming Up? Online Advertising Trend Predictions for 2018 ...
by Laura Forer
How to Create Engaging Social Media Campaigns That Get Attention
by Ben Sailer
The Future of Email: Four Questions and Answers for 2018
by Eric Wanta
See more marketing articles »
MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that
provide your social data to 3rd parties
contact friends on your network
post messages on your behalf
interact with your social accounts
Your data is secure with