Marketing Smarts episode guest Nate Brown says a voice-of-customer initiative is the "capability that we have to go where our customers are and to listen to them and absorb their feedback in structured and unstructured ways."
Nate shares with host George B. Thomas some best-practices for crafting a voice-of-customer engine:
- The process of listening to customers should be habit-forming, not something you do once in a while.
- Even negative feedback can be spun into something motivating and inspiring.
- And please don't take only the feedback that conveniently supports what you're already doing.
Plus, he emphasizes how important it is to involve your internal teams in the process of customer feedback and problem-solving: Brands need internal advocates, as well as ways to connect customer stories to company policies.
"That's your job as a CX professional, as a marketing professional—to help tell that story and bring the reality of the customer into the everyday lives of the business operators," he says.
Nate also tells stories of his past mistakes and drops wisdom on customer journey maps.
Check out the video for some more great insights:
Episode Details, Guest Information, and Referenced Links
Episode No. 16
- Live date: November 21, 2022
- Episode link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YeaPD7hAEM
- Original podcast episode: How B2B Marketers Can Leverage Voice of Customer for Business Growth: Nate Brown on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
Guest's social media profiles:
MarketingProfs resources referenced in the show:
- Why VoC and CX Can't Be One Size Fits All
- How Voice of the Customer Got Its Groove Back (And How to Stay in Tune)
"In B2B News" article referenced in the show:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Experience:
- World-Class Case Studies; Building Trust on the Internet | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Closing the Loop: How to Deliver Personalized CX at Scale, Even Across Channels
- B2B Marketers, the Customer Journey, and Sales | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Deliver (And Improve) the Connected Customer Experience
- A 'Brand Differentiation Through Experience Innovation' Conversation: Allen Adamson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Five-Step Framework for ROI From Personalized Customer Experiences