In our age of information overload, engaging your audience is more challenging than ever. It often seems that novel digital experiences, such as interactive video and virtual reality, are the solutions to cutting through the noise. But even though they are immersive and exciting, those approaches don't always fit into customers' lifestyles.
Instead of diverting customers' attention elsewhere, brands can create more effective experiences by meeting customers where they're already spending time.
A New Era of Brand-Customer Relationships
Today's consumers check their phones a whopping 150 times per day and spend slightly under one minute per session, according to a Google study.
We use many of those sessions for checking the time or sending quick texts, but during others we take action on whatever we want or need right now. Those "I want to know," "I want to go," and "I want to do" moments are loaded with intent and immediacy. They are the moments when consumers expect brands to be timely, relevant, and useful.
Today, successful brands are taking advantage of this behavior with personalized marketing approaches that are tailored to consumers' daily habits. Case in point: calendars.
Calendars may not be the first thing that comes to mind when considering marketing channels, but they're one of the most ubiquitous digital platforms used today. They are installed on every mobile device, over 2.6 billion worldwide, and their reach rivals that of email, coming in at a close second.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Power, Potential, and Process of Personalized Marketing [Infographic]
- Move Over, Social Platforms: Niche Online Communities Are the Wave of the Future
- Customer Satisfaction 101: A Guide [Infographic]
- You're Hired... or Not: How Clients Find Small Business Service Providers [Infographic]
- Customer Experience, Innovation, and Technology: Marketing Smarts Podcast, Recorded Live at Adobe Summit